OUR VISION: Dyheu. Dysg. Daioni.
The vision for our school can be articulated in three words; “Dyheu. Dysg. Daioni.” / “Aspiration. Learning. Wellness.” It outlines our vision and clear commitment to excellence, equity and wellbeing and encapsulates the four purposes of the Curriculum for Wales that all our children and young people will be:
- ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives
- healthy, confident individuals who are ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society
- enterprising, creative contributors who are ready to play a full part in life and work
- ethical, informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
Spiritual Statement of the School
- Let us at Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhondda show pride in our language, our nation, our country.
- Let us help one other in all situations without considering religion, belief, race or colour.
- Let us endeavour to do our best in everything, academically or in our extra-curricular pursuits.
- We wish everyone to experience happiness and comfort in each other’s company, by showing respect and treating others as we wish others to treat us.
- Let us follow our dreams to reach our goals.
- Let us make wise choices in order to ensure success in everything we do.
- Let us work together to make the Rhondda Valley and Wales proud of us.
- We acknowledge that we are the future, and we will keep our wheel of heritage turning.